Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Doing the work for magick to happen

A few times a month, I get a phone call, email or instant chat on my MysticConvergence.com store from someone wanting to get some things to do something…win a court case and evict neighbors were the most recent, but I’ve gotten requests for lovers to give them a second chance, to banish someone, and a dozen others I’ve forgotten. They usually want to know what they need to make it happen – what do they need to buy?

It’s obvious by the first few minutes they don’t know magick or practice Witchcraft. So I try to explain to them that not even the costliest or most beautiful objects will work for them without putting the time and effort in to study, learn, and energize the spell. Most don’t understand and repeatedly say things like, “…but I just need something now.” or “Can’t you do it for me?” I try explain I don’t work spells for others and usually end up saying “I just cannot help you. You should probably shop somewhere else.”

More and more books published about Wicca and The Craft are good for those of us that do the work and study, but it’s unfortunately so many mainstream people & newbies think all they need is that book. Spell books are especially bad since so few of them have more than a quick chapter on the how or why magic works and gets to the “good stuff” giving recipes, ingredients and rituals.

For the record, I don’t work spells for others as I feel a spell is a very personal thing and should be worked by the person needing the results. My emotions cannot lend energy to a spell for someone else, especially a stranger.

I will also turn down a sale rather than mislead someone into false hope that something I have for sale will cure their problem. I may get blasted by fellow merchants, but you really don’t need the pretty pretties if you know what you are doing. You don’t need that chalice or athame or perfect candle to do any magickal working…all you really need is yourself and your clear intent and focus.

My most powerful spells have been spur of the moment worked entirely on the astral or with the most basic of ingredients. Those pretty trinkets certainly can lend their energies and help you focus – once you charge them of course or learn how to tap into their power. Before you do, they are just trinkets containing no more magic than a pea (okay, yes I know, peas can be used in some spells, but you know what I mean).

Daily meditation, energy work, visualization training – all are vital disciplines for anyone want to work the Craft. Spells should never to undertaken lightly or considered the only cure you need for your problem. Do the work, walk the path, and magick happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments are moderated and spam or other inappropriate comments will not be approved.