Friday, August 31, 2012

Dusting off my altar

I have been working towards getting back to practicing Wicca again, slowly dusting off my altar and ritual tools and getting back to the basics of practice.

One of the best things for me has always been meditation - I've been practicing since I was about 12 and found an old book of my dad's on how to meditate. It really helps me focus and concentrate and not practicing regularly in the last year, I've been really feeling scattered. So every morning before I get too distracted by the craziness of my day, I step out on the back porch with my dogs. Starting with simple stretches and breathing, I settle into the lawn chair and spend about 15-20 minutes just breathing paying attention to the grass under my feet and the sun on my skin. Then I focus for a few minutes on my chakras pulling energy from the earth up thru each one clearing out any negative energy and energizing myself for the day.

By the time the dogs are ready to go in, I feel totally refreshed and ready for anything!

If anything stresses me out during the day, I try to go back outside for a few moments and breath. At the very least, I take a few moments at my desk to close my eyes and breath.

Baby steps, but good ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments are moderated and spam or other inappropriate comments will not be approved.