Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blessings for 2014

I cannot believe it is already 2014 - seems like 2000 and y2k was just yesterday!

I feel like I am getting back more and more to the authentic me. Though I haven't been doing rituals as I had hoped, I have been meditating every day for the past few months in the temple room I set up for myself (though not pretty yet, it's private and I don't have to worry about my cats and dogs knocking things over - they have learned not to try to sneak in when I close the door and wait patiently outside for me), and been doing almost daily tarot readings again too. I feel a lot more centered and focused than I have in a long while.

My next goal personally is to get an exercise routine going so I can improve my health this year. I don't care about the number on the scale, but have a lot more joint pain and general aches than ever before so time to lose some weight and more importantly, get in better shape. I have the elliptical in my office and am trying to use it every afternoon around 3 pm when the daily slumps start hitting. Not being super consistent on it yet but getting there. Spiritually, I want to take more time to practice and study - including rituals - and get my temple room prettified :) I have the plans, now just have to push myself to do them!

I also do want to post more here. I think it will help me maintain my focus on my studies. I picked up the 2014 Magical Almanac for myself and am keeping it on my desk so I can check each days entry- this was one of the first almanac's on Wicca I bought years ago and always enjoy reading it. Today, the New Moon happened at 6:14 am - how fitting for New Year's Day! The color of the day is yellow, moon sign Capricorn. Being in Florida, it is sometimes hard for me to see the seasonal changes - it is cool today, a whopping 72 degrees (I know, those of you in snow areas are jealous, but 72 is cool to me!) and I tend to miss Sabbats simply because I don't pay attention to what day it is sometimes!

The first full moon of the year is January 15, so I'm really going to try to do a small ritual for it. After I split from my ex in 2000 and got my own apartment, the first ritual I ever did was a full moon ritual and I remember how magical it felt. I had a large silver tray that I put on my altar to represent the moon and remember how the candlelight danced over it. Not sure where that tray is now, but perhaps I can recapture some of that feeling again. My temple room faces Southeast, so I can see the moon as it rises most of the year. Now to keep track of the days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments are moderated and spam or other inappropriate comments will not be approved.